Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Clear Urine After Antiobotics




two or three things about" black box. "
1) I was interviewed in The Nation and left on 18 September. I do not know if it means anything but I was not going to get paranoid. The interview did Alejandro Gomez and focused in the dictionary next film z within the book which is the freak, but I think the book is not as freak and there's more there. I do not know. I would have liked I was asked by Osu, for example.
2) "La Segunda" it also outlined. I'll try to upload the pdf. It is a good review.
3) The above illustration of Go Nagai, the patron saint of the book.

"El Chile unreal"

Without a drop of solemnity, Bisam creates a world of pop quotes and characters from the film B, as "an excuse to talk about Chile's history," says .

"Cabeza de Chancho", "Fono 666" or CARNAZA "are some of the protagonists of the film class B, but no one except the head of Alvaro Bisam and now in the pages of his latest novel, "Black Box".

"argues that in the whole world may be different from what we see, our own idea of \u200b\u200bscience fiction works the eventual possibility of a world where what happened should not have happened," says the writer himself. This film, literature, images and poetry Chilean mingle disgust and without handle: "They are all false, is a world that is not there and the passion of the characters is in their own stories," he says.

POP FICTION

And in the last book also critical of the "Magazine of Books," where nothing is real, is the perfect excuse to talk about Chile. "It's an excuse to talk about the history of our country and insert images that I find interesting display," says the writer, for whom in any case, the real film B in the country "are the films of Raúl Ruiz and Pepe Maldonado. Also all the tapes made during the dictatorship. "

Bisam recognizes that as a reader has gone through various genres, which helped him build his own universe in his novel. Actually began armando vignettes of terror, then he thought of the idea of \u200b\u200bdoing a dictionary, but then "it was short and lame," he says, to put together other stories that were the complement of the book.

"I am interested in creating a 'dream machine', creating his own universe that is the aspiration of any kind of art," argues Bisam, for whom "black box" is "an attempt to solve and reflect on certain problems that interested me as a genre novel. "

-item is new compared to what was published in Chile ...

"Yes, I wanted to do something completely different to what it is. There is a Chilean graphic novel, or realistic, or ideographic. It is simply the novel I wanted to read. Has the value of the anomaly, playing in a field where she imposes its rules. Also very good dialogue with authors that I like as (Juan Rodolfo) Wilcock, Nicanor Parra and David Bowie, who interested me as a metaphor for what can happen in pop culture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment